Have you shared your kitchen with roomies? Have you liked it? Sharing kitchen with roommates is one of the most challenging but fun experiences when becoming independent. From a pile of dirty dishes that remain on the sink for days, to mysterious disappearances of groceries, utensils and snacks. A shared kitchen is the most interesting place in house to test our nerves. Here are 7 commandments to follow if you want some peace of mind.
1. I will wash the dishes pileup in the sink, as long as they are my own.
2. I will keep my favourite snacks and groceries in my room so I get to eat them all, not their leftovers.
3. I won’t take my roomies’ food without telling them … except if I can replace it before they realize I ate it.
4. I will split the cleanup tasks, because it is better to buddy up to cleanup.
5. I won’t feed all of my friends with my roommates’ share of the food… unless I can replace it ASAP.
6. I won’t ever use my vegetarian roomies’ utensils to cook my chicken … unless it is an emergency.
7. I will always keep a checklist of the dishes. I don’t know why they disappear ever after my roomie eats in his/her room.
Don’t get us wrong, these commandments are just a way to enhance the experience of a roommate in our lives; because no matter how many times we have lost our milk or the last favourite oreo, a roommate is the best companion to watch a movie, order pizza and have those late night talks with.